Policy effective as of 02/09/2022
Who We Are
Navigation Junkie (navigationjunkie.blog, “we”, “us”, “site”, “the website”) is committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our website, navigationjunkie.blog. The purpose of this page is to inform you of what information we may collect and how we may use it.
We do not give or sell your personal information to third parties for use with marketing or any other purposes.
What Information Do We Collect and How Is It Used?
Our site only collects and uses information in ways that are consistent with your rights and our obligations under the law. Data may be collected in the following ways:
- Newsletter Opt-In’s: Your name and e-mail address
- Comments: Your name, e-mail address, and comment
- Contact Forms: Your name and e-mail address
- Transactions: Your name, e-mail address, billing information (including mailing address), and payment source
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the site
- To improve your experience on the site and provide user support
- To respond to your comments and inquiries
- To provide and deliver the information, products and services you request
- To process transactions initiated by you and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts
- To send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- To communicate with you products, services, promotions, and offers we think may be of interest to you (according to your consent when subscribing to our newsletter and each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings)
- To communicate with you news and information we feel may be of interest to you (according to your consent when subscribing to our newsletter and each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings)
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity
Please note by posting a comment on this site, you are consenting to the posting of any personal information that you provide in the form. You should be aware that the personal information can be read, collected, or used by other visitors to these public areas. We have no control over how these visitors use your provided personal information in the comments section.
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that some of the features and services of our website may not function properly.
We may allow third-parties, advertising companies and ad networks (“Advertisers”) to display advertisements on our website. Advertisers may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Third Party Sites
Navigation Junkie currently uses these third-party sites and services:
Sponsored Content Tracking Pixels
Navigation Junkie may engage in sponsored campaigns with various networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. At times these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (aka web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. No personally identifiable information collected by the website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
Affiliate Marketing Disclaimer
Navigation Junkie may work with various affiliates. When you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, we will receive a small commission at no cost to you. Any affiliate links will clearly be displayed on the applicable post or page. You are under no obligation to click through or purchase through our affiliate links.
Transactions On the Site
If you purchase products or services from us, we will collect certain information from you, including your name, address, email address, billing information, and information about the product or service you are purchasing. When you are completing the transaction, you are consenting to us collecting this information.
We may use anonymous data (which may include analytics or information collected from cookies) which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. These include:
- We will retain any information you choose to provide to us until the earlier of: (a) you asking us to delete the information, (b) our decision to cease using our existing data providers, or (c) we decide that the value in retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it.
- You have the right to request access to any personal data of yours that the website maintains by submitting a request to email@example.com
- You have the right to alter or amend any of your personal information maintained by us by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to request your personal data be erased from our site by submitting a request to email@example.com
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
- We require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
Navigationjunkie.blog does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian believes that the website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 18 in its database, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
This site is designed for users 18 years of age and older. By accessing and using the site you are certifying that you are at least 18 years of age.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Any information obtained using Google analytics is retained for 26 months.
Information submitted through forms, such as email forms or contact forms are retained until such a time as the data subject chooses to unsubscribe or invokes their right under GDPR to be forgotten.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Updates to the Policy