Five Reasons to Stay at Disney’s All Star Movies Resort
When some people think of Disney they see a big fat $ sign. Why? It’s a well known fact that a Disney vacation can become quite expensive, especially if you want to stay on Disney World property.
There are, however, some less expensive options, but is the lower price worth it? I’m here to say it is and to show you why with a review on one of Disney World’s Budget hotels: The All Star Movies Resort.
I have stayed at the All Star Movies Resort multiple times, and while it may not be as fancy and luxurious as the other Disney World Hotels such as the Grand Floridian and Animal Kingdom’s Wilderness Lodge, it still has a lot to offer!
Here are five reasons why I love Disney’s All Star Movies Resort:
- It is a dream come true for children (and the young at heart). Disney’s All Star Movies Resort is full of larger than life size characters from some of their favorite Disney movies including the 101 Dalmatians, Toy Story, the Mighty Ducks, Fantasia, and Love Bug. This alone makes staying at this hotel a wonderful experience for children and even some adults who are given the opportunity to be a kid again. I honestly keep choosing to stay at this hotel because I feel that my daughter may get bored in the absence of all the décor at the All Star Movies Resort.
- The hotel features two great pools to cool off in on a hot day. Disney’s All Star Movies Resort is home to two pools: The Mighty Duck Pool and the Fantasia pool. My daughter’s and I favorite preferred pool is the Fantasia pool due to the Mickey Mouse statue and fountain. However, we have used both pools and both are a great place to cool off and relax on a cool day.
- The hotel offers many great activities. The hotel features many great activities for guests to participate in throughout the day such as crafts (e.g. t-shirt tie dying) or movies under the stars. There is also a playground on the grounds for kids to enjoy. If the parks are overwhelming and the children need a place to calm down the All Star Movies Resort is a great place to do that while still having a blast!
- Food options-The hotel features the World Premier Food Court, which offers a variety of different meal options. There is also pizza delivery options available. The restaurant is a quick service restaurant, so it is great for a busy schedule at the Disney Parks. It always seems to be a great option for me. The pool side bar is another great feature for the adults who want to kick back and relax at the end of the night.
- Perhaps the most obvious reason to stay at Disney’s All Star Movies Resort is the price! You get all the benefits of staying on Disney World property as you would If you were staying in one of the more expensive resorts, including transportation to and from the park, delivery of souvenirs to the hotel, options for in-room celebrations, and magic hour access to the parks, but at a much lower price.
Disney’s All Star Movies Resort is one of the three All Star Resorts. The All Star Sports and All Star Music Resorts have comparable prices, but as I have not personally stayed at either I will not comment on them. I will, however, say that I have never had a bad experience with the All Star Movies Resort.
When I am planning a trip to Disney, the All Star Movies Resort is my go to for the above reasons and always seems to make our trip more enjoyable. I would highly recommend it if you have a tighter budget for your Disney vacation.
Leave a Reply